Developed as an annual program, Rugby for all children enables children and youngsters reach their full potential through sport, whilst receiving outstanding support and all the benefits of a supportive and friendly community.
- CSS Gura Humorului – National Champions for 3 years in a row (2017; 2018; 2019)
- 2019 – 5 of our mentees have spent 2 weeks in New Zealant at IRANZ – the world’s respected rugby Academy through one of our partner charities
- 22 youngsters have made the step to senior rugby to RUGBY CLUB GURA HUMORULUI
- 10 youngsters have played on a regular basis for Romanian national junior teams
- 1 of the Rugby for all graduates currently plays in France for La Rouen Normandie
Benefits of the participants within the program:
- Financial support: The program finances 100 % of the high school boarding and meals cost every school year.
- Personal development: The importance of soft skills in youth development is, most times, overlooked in institutional contexts, including education, training and workplace. Positive outcomes across multiple domains can be achieved through positive self-concept, self-control; high order thinking skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, decision making; social skills; communication. All children within the program are part of a personal development program, with meetings taking place on a bi-monthly basis.
- Mentoring: Our community of mentors is comprised of top Romanian professionals from different backgrounds that serve as role models, friends and advisors to the youngsters within the programme. Developed on an e-mentoring basis, with two face to face meetings throughout the year, the mentor-mentee relationship gives the program an innovative perspective and a high impact on the social responsibility scale.
- Sport development: Through the well-established partnership with the local sports club, the program keeps a close eye on the young person’s sports development, abilities and potential, working on a continuous basis to help them further develop and unveil new potential.
- Individual counselling: Children within the program can always request individual counselling sessions to help them overcome difficult situations and challenges faced.
Life skills development: The program offers children workshops and short-term courses on themes such as: Financial Education, Foreign Language Classes, IT etc.
- Educational & career support:For every child within the program, we identify areas of intervention, recruit teacher – volunteers and form work groups to offer these children the support needed to follow their career path.
- Social inclusion: Every year, Rugby for all provides young people with opportunities to take part in various events, activities and face to face meetings to increase their chances of social inclusion and give them more confidence when dealing with people outside their group of friends and acquaintances.